“All over District 10 residents tell me they want a fresh voice on City Council, a person who represents the interests of our families and our environment. They want someone who puts community first.
I want to be that voice for you and for all our families.” -Alison Alter
Meet Alison Alter
Alison is a mom, an entrepreneur, a community advocate, and an educator.
Alison is running because District 10 needs an advocate who will listen to its residents and fight for them, not special interests. Alison will be a strong voice for our families, our neighborhoods, and our environment.
Alison lives in Rosedale with her husband, Jeremi Suri, a professor at The University of Texas at Austin and their two wonderful children, Natalie and Zachary. Alison grew up outside of Chicago and has fallen in love with Austin.
- Harvard University, Ph.D. in Political Economy and Government
- Stanford University, B. A. in Public Policy
- Launched her own business, a philanthropic advising practice in 2013. Individuals, families and foundations hire Alter Advising to help them pursue their philanthropy more strategically.
- Over 20 years of experience working in higher education, the nonprofit sector and through public-private partnerships.
Community and Neighborhood Advocacy
- Chair, We LOVE RAMSEY PARK renovation campaign. Together with a coalition of neighbors, families, businesses, several city departments, and local nonprofits, Alison implemented a $500,000 project, transforming Ramsey into a park where people of all ages could play, gather, and grow together year-round.
- Rosedale Neighborhood Association Steering Committee
- Impact Austin and Tikkun Austin
- Great Austin Parks Coalition
- Leadership Austin (2015 Essentials Class)
- Parks and Recreation Board (PARB), District 10 Representative
- Land, Facilities & Programs Committee (PARB)
- Land Use / Parkland Dedication working group (PARB)
Alison Alter for Austin City Council District 10
Help us elect Alison Alter for Austin City Council District 10. Get involved today.